Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Photography

I've always loved photography.  As a kid my dad gave me one of his old cameras to take with when I stayed the week out at my Grandma's, and it's been love ever since.  I remember always spending my allowance on processing film at Osco.  Back then (a whole 10-13 years ago), it took up to a week to get my pictures back.  Now?  I upload them and can pick them up down the street within 40 minutes.  My how the times have changed!  My first digital camera was pretty small, and a whopping 2-- count em, 2 megapixel.  To give you an idea of the quality of those pictures, my iPhone 4 is 5-megapixel.  But, it was fun!
I've been itching for a new camera for over a year now.  Currently I have a Nikon D60.  Which is a good camera, but I feel like I'm outgrowing it.  Especially since every family gathering or event, I'm the one with the camera around my neck.  By no means a pro, but I'd considerate it to be an advanced hobby.

These are some of my favorite pictures.  I'm a sucker for black & white, if you can't tell!  (and yes, I'm aware that if a professional looks at my pictures, they would shake their heads and tell me all things I did wrong)

Lincoln Park Zoo, September 2008


Lincoln Park Zoo, September 2008


Rogers Park, Red Line stop, April 2009

Kitty, May 2009


Tennessee, October 2009


Henry!  Eating a banana, February 2010

May 2010

Memorial Day weekend, 2010

Dad's Mustang - June 2010

Rosie!  July 2010

I took this in Galena and loved it.  July 2010

Gizmo

Dana & Nora, July 2011

This handsome little fella is Max.  August 2011

Rosie-- 2 years old!  August 2011

This is Chris' niece's baby, Madisun.  She was born a couple of weeks ago and I offered to do some newborn pics.  We got some good ones before she became a little restless.  





No comments:

Post a Comment